Hey guys! I realise that it’s been forever since I last updated you all, and for those that are interested a proper update will be coming in the next few days! But for now, I think that I’m just going to spread some positivity by following the #50thingsilove trending topic on Twitter, and converting my fifty things into a blog post. I hope you guys enjoy it, and can maybe even relate to a few of them!
1. When you see an elderly couple holding hands or helping each other across the street. There’s something so completely beautiful about witnessing a love that’s stood the test of time.
2. Spending time with family; No matter how much my family drive me around the bend, I absolutely love spending time with them. My family is wonderful, as is the bond that we all have. We’ve been through a lot together, and it shows when you see us all together.
3. The smell and taste of toothpaste, don’t get me wrong, I don’t eat toothpaste or anything, but I just love the freshness from just brushing your teeth.
4. When a baby or toddler wraps their hand around your finger. Knowing that something so tiny can acknowledge your existence is just lovely.
5. Conversations with my father about his childhood. He could tell me the same story time after time, and it would still make my heart smile to see him turn into this young man without a care in the world all over again.
6. Learning. There’s no other sensation in the world that makes me feel more productive. Going to bed knowing that you’ve learned something new that day will always be one of my favourite feelings.
7. Being told that someone is proud of you, or your work. I think it’s one of the best compliments a person can give or receive.
8. Clouds. I love clouds, they can make any day beautiful, no matter the weather. And they remind me of Lacey.
9. Sunsets and sunrises. If you’ve never just stopped and watched a full sunset or sunrise, you’re missing out on one of the most beautiful things in the world.
10. Being Scottish. I could point out all of this country’s flaws, and tell you why I detest each of them. But no matter what happens in my life, I will always love this country and how much it means to me. I’ll always be proud of my roots.
11. Banter. I love being able to banter with people; that’s basically all that my friends and I do when we’re not having heartfelt conversations. We make fun of each other and laugh until we can’t breathe. It makes my heart happy.
12. Being proud of myself. Yeah, this may seem like an egotistical choice, but I can happily say that at the age of nineteen I’m proud of the girl I’ve become, and how much I’ve been through for someone my age, even if I have things that I don’t like about myself.
13. Making people laugh. I’ve always loved being able to do that. Laughter is one of the greatest sensations you can experience, why wouldn’t you love having the ability to give that to someone?
14. My mother. She raised four kids by herself since I was seven, and I’m so completely proud of her for doing so. She’s so strong, and if I can grow up to be half as strong as her I’ll be content.
15. My father. They say a girl will never love another man as much as she loves her father, and I would have to completely agree. He’s the person that always believed in me and tells me how proud he is of me.
16. Music. I think it’s absolutely breathtaking how one thing can have such a huge impact on so many lives all over the world.
17. Writing. I’ve got a story to tell, and I love having the ability to do so. It doesn’t matter if it’s blogging, writing articles or interviews for Previous, or simply jotting down ideas for stories; I’m always at my most calm when writing.
18. Photography. This is the thing that literally makes my life. I love being able to capture a moment in time and keep it forever; I love taking photos, and I love looking at them. Anything can be beautiful when seen through a camera lens. The only thing I don’t love about photography is probably bad lighting.
19. Liverpool and the Wirral. No matter what happens in life, this beautiful city and the Wirral will always have a special place in my heart; It’s my home away from home and always will be. The people, the views, the culture and the architecture are all completely beautiful.
20. The Scouse accent. This accent contains so many incredible memories for me that I can’t help but smile when i hear it.
21. Glasgow. I’m a Glasgow kid, I always will be. This city and it’s people are all wonderful, Glasgow has a bad reputation, and I’m not going to defend it; It is a rough city, but it will always be my favourite city in the world.
22. My iPhone. My iPhone is literally like a child to me, I don’t go anywhere without it. There’s something great about being able to be in touch with anyone, no matter where they are in the world from wherever you are. It’s a beautiful piece of technology.
23. Geeky conversations. If you mention technology, internets, web design, journalism, chess, video games, superheroes or comic books to me, there’s a good chance of us becoming best friends. Nothing makes me smile like geekiness.
24. Bright colours. I don’t know if it’s because my hair’s so bright, or just because I’m generally drawn to bright colours, but I love things that are bright and unusual.
25. Twitter. I don’t know if this is cheating, what with #50thingsilove starting on Twitter, but I really do love this social networking platform. I’ve met some life long friends from Twitter, as well as people who have completely changed my life; all through 140 character limit messages. It’s incredible.
26. Feeling the bass line of a song travel through your body. This is possibly one of my favourite things in the world. I love when I’m at a gig, and I can feel the music. And lets face it, bass is just sexy.
27. When you hear your favourite song live for the first time. It’s such a special moment, and as soppy as it sounds I always find myself tearing up. I don’t know if it’s because of the song, because of being in the same room as someone who wrote a song that changed my life, or just the general atmosphere, but I just love it.
28. Live music. Nothing beats live music. Seeing your favourite band can literally be a breathtaking moment, and I just find it wonderful that so many people from different backgrounds and countries can come together because they’re all able to relate to the same exact thing.
29. Snuggling. I don’t care how much of a girl it makes me sound, but you cannot beat snuggling. Whether it’s with your best friends or with that special someone; there’s nothing more comfortable than snuggling.
30. The first snowfall of Winter. Even though it’s usually a bad sign in Scotland because it means we’ll be snowed in for a bit, I can’t help but love it. Snow’s beautiful when it falls, as is the atmosphere it creates.
31. Fashion. I adore fashion; not just clothes I like or wear, but fashion in general fascinates me. I love creativity, so that’s probably why.
32. The Scottish and Scouse sense of humour. If people can’t laugh at themselves, then who can they laugh at? I love hoe Scousers and Scots have pretty much the same sense of humour; It makes me laugh more than anything else.
33. My best friends from high school. I love how we’ve seen each other change from kids into adults; we’ve been through so much together, and I really can’t imagine them not being part of my life.
34. Looking through memory boxes and old photographs. I love the feeling you get when you reminisce.
35. Spirituality. You can disagree with me and tell me that the ‘spirit world’ doesn’t exist until you’re blue in the face and I wouldn’t care less. Spirituality makes me feel close to the people I’ve lost, it stops me from self destructing.
36. Supportive people. I was so nervous when I first started this site, and when I first started DLYG, but then you guys supported me, and you have every step of the way. I don’t know how I could ever explain how much you all mean to me.
37. Lazy days. Days where I can walk around with no makeup on, my hair unkept and my sweatpants on while I play video games all day? Yes please.
38. The feeling you get when you come home after being away for a while. It’s so nice to just walk into your own house and lie on your own bed after so long without it. Seeing friends and family you’ve not seen in what feels like forever is a beautiful feeling, too.
39. Tattoos. Tattoos are beautiful, I love the ones that are unique and unusual. If you’ve got a tattoo that means the world to you, it’s more than likely to be more beautiful to me than your typical star or butterfly tattoo.
40. Italian food. I swear, I’m the less ginger, human version of Garfield, and I love it. Pizza, tagliatelle, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagne or cannelloni; I’m happy.
41. Days out with friends or family. Sitting in the sunshine enjoying life is one of my favourite past times, it always will be.
42. Kisses on the forehead and hugs from behind. I don’t think there’s a cuter way to express affection, both of these make me weak at the knees.
43. Nights that turn into mornings and friends that become family. I don’t think this one needs an explanation. Do you?
44. Confident people. I admire people that are able to be their complete self around anyone, and people that are confident in who they are. They inspire me, completely.
45. Conversations that last for hours. Those conversations that are just about everything, and for that moment you’re both completely baring your soul without the fear of it being crushed. It’s beautiful.
46. How meeting one person can completely change the way you want your life to work out. It’s crazy, scary and beautiful how one person can come into your life and change it so much.
47. Chatty bar workers. There’s nothing that makes a night out better than banter with the people behind the bar.
48. My nieces and nephews. These little beings are the ones that showed me just how much another human being can mean to you. I would die for them, no questions asked.
49. Cuddling up and watching shows from my childhood. This will always be my favourite thing to do, no matter what age I am. Give me Tracy Beaker or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers over Eastenders any day.
50. Every single person in my life, past and present. Every single person you meet affects your life in one way or another, and every experience makes you who you are. I love everyone in my life at this very moment in time, and I hope that it never changes.
Okay, well that’s the #50thingsilove, if you’ve stuck around to read them all, well done! Feel free to give me a tweet or leave me a comment telling me about something you love!
Much love and many thanks for reading,