Hey there guys! I noticed that #100FactsAboutMe is trending on Twitter so I thought that instead of bombarding my followers with 100 boring tweets I would incorporate it into Day Five of Thirty Days Of Blogs, aren’t you guys lucky! /sarcasm. But first, I’m going to tell you guys about my eventful, yet uneventful weekend.
So on Saturday, I decided that I was going to have a day off. Now, that may seem ridiculous to you guys considering I work at home and don’t actually physically do much apart from check on my dad a few times a week and spend time with loved ones or run errands. But trust me.. organizing a fundraiser and dealing with personal things as well as working on some other projects generates enough stress to leave you psychologically drained enough to feel like you’ve ran a 5K marathon every day of the week! The relaxing day didn’t go exactly to plan I ended up getting bored and working on some designs for DLYG and doing some other things too.
On Saturday night, though, I went out with some friends who I’ve not seen in too long. And all in all it was an enjoyable evening, having not seen these guys in what had felt like years it was nice just to have a conversation with them and a hug at the end of the night. The cocktails and Morgans Spiced was just a bonus! And it was a chance for me to wear my white dress that I love so much. It was a nice night, and it was a nice reminder that I always have friends I can count on.
So now that I‘ve told you about my weekend, it‘s on to the 100 Facts About Me, I‘m warning you now, it‘s not pretty. And it‘ll probably take you forever to read. But if you want to know me, and I mean really know me. Then you should probably read these.
100 (probably boring) facts about me.
1. It takes me longer to trust someone than it does to forget someone.
2. I’m nowhere near close to being completely happy with myself.
3. I block people out, not because I’m scared to let them in, but because I hate admitting I need help.
4. I put other people’s happiness before my own.
5. I’m not afraid to be honest about myself until people ask more questions.
6. I don’t like being controlled.
7. I won’t let someone talk down to me.
8. If you hurt me once, chances are I’ll never forget it.
9. I remember insults longer than I do compliments.
10. The only material things that mean something to me are photos.
11. I don’t like money because it brings out the worst in people.
12. “I‘m disappointed in you” hurts me more than “I hate you”
13. Very few people know my weaknesses.
14. I hate depending on anyone.
15. I get bored when someone goes on and on about the same thing constantly.
16. If you break my trust once, I’ll never trust you completely again.
17. I hold grudges, although I wish I didn’t.
18. I hate stereotypes.
19. I miss the innocence of being a kid.
20. Stress makes me feel self-destructive.
21. My big sister, Fiona, is the only person that knows everything I’ve been through.
22. I used to drink myself stupid every weekend until January ’10.
23. I hate that I can tell you the alcohol content on a ridiculous amount of beverages.
24. I wish I didn’t know what a hangover felt like.
25. I’m terrified of vomiting, because I’m not in control of my body.
26. I’ve tried to commit suicide.
27. I broke a promise to myself last year. The promise was to never cut again. I cut once.
28. I don’t know how to deal with my anger.
29. If you screw me over, you’ll lose any respect I had for you.
30. Bitchy comments do nothing but annoy me.
31. If you don’t like me, I’d rather you told me.
32. I hate feeling like I’m ‘tolerated’.
33. In my eyes, I’m nothing special. Even though I get told that I’m ‘stuck up’ a lot.
34. Knowing that people get help from my blogs makes me feel like I’m doing something worthwhile.
35. I’m still learning how to live.
36. I don’t consider myself to be ‘strong’.
37. I used to stop breathing in my sleep.
38. I hate the feeling of fainting, again because I’m not in control.
39. I suffer from OCD and insomnia as well as depression.
40. I’m not ashamed of suffering from any of the above.
41. I’d rather bottle things up than bring people down, although I know it’s not healthy.
42. I never take my own advice.
43. I don’t know where I want to be next month, but I know where I want to be in ten years.
44. I need to be able to look forward to something.
45. I plan things months in advance, but somehow I still manage to be rushing at the last minute.
46. I’m trying really hard to make this about me, and not about how much people mean to me.
47. I find listing things about myself hard, and have no idea how I’m going to get to 100 facts.
48. I feel like a burden to almost everyone I know.
49. I well up at the mere mention of my grandmother.
50. If you insult the memory of my grandmother in anyway, chances are you’ll lose my respect.
51. I never knew my fathers parents.
52. I miss being seventeen. Simply because I felt like I was living without a care in the world.
53. I’m proud of being Scottish, but I’m not patriotic. I know my country has flaws; Everywhere does.
54. I like when someone asks how I’m feeling, and it feels like they actually care about the reply.
55. I fight more with my mom than any other family member, but I would still give my life for her.
56. I’m terrified of my dad dying.
57. I don’t know one person that will know every fact on this list.
58. I’ve not accepted the fact that Lacey is dead yet, it doesn’t feel real to me.
59. I hate the fact that I eat meat, yet I’ve failed more times than I can count at being a vegetarian.
60. I can’t walk past a homeless person without giving them money.
61. I miss talking to @carleyvanessa about everything, and not being ashamed of breaking down.
62. I miss high school. Not just the people, but I miss learning so much in a day.
63. Modern studies, art and English were my favourite subjects at school.
64. I hate my body, but I refuse to feel inferior to someone who loves theirs.
65. I’m more complicated than you first think.
66. My temper scares me.
67. I can’t stand people that try to make you feel worthless.
68. Nothing hurts me more than seeing my father cry.
69. I’m not ashamed of the person I am.
70. I forget to eat a lot of the time.
71. The thing that scares me about dying is how the people I love would deal with it.
72. Waking up with my boyfriend makes me feel blissfully happy.
73. I’m trying to forget the fact that hundreds of people are going to read this.
74. I don’t care if you judge me.
75. I believe in spirituality, not because I’m religious, but because I miss people that have passed away.
76. Being told my gran was proud of me was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
77. I’m not afraid to have an opinion.
78. I think about suicide at least twice a week, in detail. And it scares me.
79. I suffer from paranoia.
80. Sitting beside the motorway for even ten minutes clears my mind.
81. I’d give my life in an instant for my nieces and nephew.
82. I resent the fact that I get to breathe every second of every day, but my nephew didn’t even get to take his first breath.
83. I support the rights of unborn babies.
84. The Bucket List is the most inspirational movie I’ve ever seen.
85. I didn’t realise how close I was to my sister until she moved out.
86. I can count the people that I know I can trust with my fingers.
87. My train of thought confuses me.
88. I’m terrified of dying in a traffic accident.
89. I no longer have my tonsils.
90. I’m scared for future generations.
91. I wasn’t scared of childbirth until this year.
92. I watch TV when I need to clear my mind.
93. I’m overwhelmed that people actually listen to the words I write.
94. I miss writing lyrics, but can’t seem to write anything worthwhile these days.
95. I miss playing a musical instrument.
96. I want to home school my kids.
97. I’m terrified of being a bad parent.
98. I’ve surprised myself with this list.
99. Kisses on the forehead automatically make me smile.
100. I’ve never loved someone the way I love my boyfriend.
So there you have it. And now instead of boring you anymore, I’m going to go. Have a great week, and don’t forget to smile.
Much love and huge hugs,