Hey guys! I know that it’s been a while since I blogged, but that’s mainly due to the fact that the past month or so has probably been one of the hardest, and oddest months I’ve faced in a long time. My relationship ended, two of my uncles became life threateningly ill, and pretty much everything has been against me. But, somehow in all of this negativity; I’ve managed to find myself. And although that sounds too odd for words, it’s true.
I’ve found the person I used to be, the person I’m proud of. But only this time, I’m more mature. Yeah, you could say I’m blowing my own trumpet, but I’m being honest; I’m at this really weird stage in my life right now, but it’s also a good one; I’ve found the person I’m supposed to be, and that person is more determined than ever to fight for what she believes in and loves. This is the beginning of a new era in my life, and you can take my word for it that it’s going to be an incredible one. It’s time for me to stop talking about my dreams, and instead actually make them happen.
A few days ago my beautiful best friend, Claire and I came up with a new way to get the word out about Don’t Lose Your Grip. We decided to get a pad of Post It notes, two pens, and write whatever positive things we could think of on them. When we were finished we had 112 written Post It notes. Now, that’s all very good and all, but what we plan to do with them is the thing that’s really going to push the new DLYG into the forefront; We’re going to take these notes, and stick them in or to whatever we can find. Be it leaving them in books in the library or book store, or going to any store and sticking them to CDs, DVDs, Magazines, Newspapers or anything else that we can conceal them within. I thought that it would be a good idea for me to publish them online for you guys too, so for any of you that would like some positive things to think about, here’s the list we came up with;
1. Always remember your goals, you’ll get there eventually and it will all be worth it.
2. In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.
3. It’s not the end of the world.
4. You’re worth more than you can imagine.
5. If you’re going through Hell, keep going until you’ve passed it.
6. Someone idolizes you.
7. Stand up for what you believe in.
8. Live for the moment.
9. Call your parents and tell them you love them.
10. Let go of fear and embrace life.
11. I promise it gets better.
12. Life is short, live your dream with no regrets.
13. You’re unique and that’s what makes you beautiful.
14. Originality is a beautiful thing to have, never lose it.
15. Smile at the next person you see.
16. It’s okay not to be okay.
17. This too shall pass.
18. Share your inspiring dream with the people you love.
19. Smile, it makes people wonder what you’re up to.
20. You’re perfect just the way you are.
21. Everything you do is beautiful.
22. Take your own advice, you’re smarter than you think.
23. Treat yourself the same way that you treat your most loving and caring friend.
24. The love of your life will find you when you start doing the things that you love.
25. Have faith in the things that you believe in.
26. Don’t let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.
27. You’re stronger than you think.
28. Never put yourself down.
29. Life is worth living, I promise.
30. Take chances, they’ll give your life some adventure.
31. You have one life, make it memorable.
32. Your hair looks perfect, trust me.
33. Don’t change who you are to fit in with society.
34. Don’t follow the crowd, you’re unique.
35. Smile, it looks good on you.
36. Do what makes you happy.
37. If it makes you happy, then it can’t be that bad.
38. Help out old people; they’re someone’s grandparents.
39. If you don’t like your job, quit.
40. Suicide is never the answer, talk to the people you love.
41. You’re so very loved.
42. Smile; it suits you.
43. Be proud of the person you are.
44. If you don’t like something, change it.
45. You’re loved, wanted and needed. Never forget that.
46. Stop over analyzing, life is simple.
47. A smile goes a long way, and your smile is stunning.
48. Ask the next person you see what their passion is.
49. Always be yourself, because who you are is beautiful.
50. Live your life to make you happy, no-one else.
51. Be confident, you look stunning today, and every other day too.
52. There is no shame in needing help.
53. Individuality is beautiful.
54. You are not alone.
55. You’re beautiful.
56. You inspire someone, just by breathing.
57. Make today the beginning of your dreams.
58. Do what you love, and do it often.
59. Don’t be scared of life.
60. You matter.
61. I hope your day is as wonderful as you are.
62. No-one is better than you.
63. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. (Unless it’s Twilight)
64. Treat others as you’d like to be treated.
65. Give children your support, they need someone like you.
66. Teach those who are younger than you, they need your guidance.
67. You’re one in seven billion. Don’t change.
68. There’s only one you.
69. Let your personality shine.
70. Let it be.
71. Questions are how we learn.
72. Don’t be afraid to ask.
73. Say yes, even if you’re scared of the prospect.
74. You’re someone’s world.
75. You’ve changed someone’s life just by being in it.
76. I hope your day is as beautiful as you.
77. Don’t be scared of rejection.
78. Call your best friend, just to tell them you love them.
79. Never judge someone, you don’t know what they’re going through.
80. No pleasure is a guilty one.
81. Hey beautiful, I hope your day is wonderful.
82. Your friends think you’re wonderful.
83. Make the most of your life, reach your full potential. Your dreams are almost achieved.
84. Try and laugh every day.
85. Always be true to yourself.
86. Never give up hope.
87. Life is what you make it.
88. I love your smile.
89. Always be the best person you can be.
90. Make every moment count.
91. Everything is worth it in the end.
92. Your family love you.
93. Have a lovely day.
94. Love is louder.
95. What’s for you, won’t go by you.
96. You’re beautiful in your own way.
97. The past is part of who you are, never be ashamed.
98. Confidence is sexy.
99. It gets better.
100. Do what you love, and do it often.
101. I love your hair like that.
102. You’re looking very pretty today.
103. You look gorgeous.
104. Tell your parents you love them every day.
105. Don’t doubt yourself.
106. The past is practice.
107. Your parents are proud of you.
108. Be happy in your own skin, you’re one in a million.
109. Things won’t always be this way.
110. Never give up.
111. Stay true to yourself because you’re wonderful.
112. Learn from your mistakes, they make you who you are.
I hope that something on this list makes you realise that life can be beautiful, and it really is something to stick around for. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for being here today.
Much love and many thanks for reading.